|St.Joseph Spouse of Mary Parish Church
Manikata became a parish in 1975 and architect Richard England who planned the new church took his inspiration from the 'girna', a small traditional corbelled stone hut put up by farmers as storage for their implements.
|St,Joseph Spouse of Mary church|
|St.Joseph Old chapel
A chapel dedicated to St.Joseph was built around 1918 and Bishop Caruana placed it in the care of the Franciscans Minor.
|Old chapel of St.Joseph|
|Royal Naval Military Chapel
Near Golden Bay Ghajn Tuffieha, in an area called 'In-Nahhalija', there used to be a British Naval barracks and the forces had an Anglican church built for them in 1949 as shown by a plaque carved in the stone. The building, having a slanting roof with a small belfry at one end. An entrance is found along its northern side. The building which is nowadays inaccessible, was at one time also used as a cinema by the forces.
|Royal Naval Military chapel|
This church was built at Il-Fawwara Ghajn Tuffieha in 1916 with a slanting roof made of timber and Asbestos. A room abuts the main building on the left. This well constructed building is decorated with Egyptian style cornices and has a small front porch. A stone carved plaque shows the date of construction. The church was initially utilized for ecclesiastical activities but its use later changed to that of a cinema.
|Army church||Portico||1916 Plaque|