|The Holy Family
Iklin was declared a brand new Parish in 2005 after being an autonomous region from 2003. It incorporates territory from the town of Lija. The new parish church which is only partly built, is coming up in Ninu Cremona Square.
This chapel from the 15th century was rebuilt by Gilormu Agius in 1615 in the then Lija jurisdiction. It used to have a cemetery near it and it had a belfry. It stands by itself in the valley and is within the buffer zone of the Lija fireworks factory. It opens only once a year for the feast of St.Michael.
|Church of St.Michael|