|Christ the Saviour Parish Church
The village church of Ghasri, designed by a local priest, Dun Guzepp Diacono, was built early in the twentieth century. Its foundation stone was laid on 6 September 1903. The church was dedicated to the Body of Christ on 9 January 1916. Later on the dedication was changed to Christ the Saviour. The village was established a parish by Bishop Giovanni Maria Camilleri on 16 December 1921. The dome was built much later, that is in 1951. Inside one finds paintings by Lazzaro Pisani and Ramiro Cali'.
|Parish church of Christ the Saviour|
|Assumption Wied il-Ghasri
Originally built by the Cini family, this church was kept in satisfactory condition in 1615 and also for a few decades after that. Wheat bread in varying quantities was handed out on the feast day. It was deconsecrated in 1657.
Assumption Wied Sara
Next to nothing is known about this chapel situated at Wied Sara. It is mentioned once during the 1608 pastoral visit - at that time it had already been abandoned for some years.
Nativity of our Lady tal-Hgieri
Popularly known as tal-Hgieri, this chapel flourished between 1615 and 1630. Little else is known about it.
Nativity of our Lady ta' Manueli
Built by the de Manueli family before 1575 this chapel was at first held in much esteem by the people and was well kept. However by 1615 it was abandoned and was formally deconsecrated in 1657. An amount of wheat bread was distributed on the feast-day.
After a niche was built in 1961 on top of a hill overlooking Ta' Pinu Sanctuary, the pilgrims' devotion flowered into an outdoor church in the form of an amphitheatre. Climbing the hill in front of Ta' Pinu, one can pray the Way of the Cross in front of life size statues on the way up, and then reach this church on top of the hill.
|Patronage of Our Lady Tal-wied
Situated on the way to Ghasri Valley, a small church was built in 1500. The present title was founded in 1656 by the former Inquisitor of Malta and Gozo, Pope Alexander VII after being petitioned by King Philip IV of Spain. The feast was extended to the whole church by Pope Benedict XIII (1724-30) and its devotion was introduced in Gozo soon afterwards. Built between 1737 and 1739, the building we have was blessed on May 8 of 1739. It immediately attracted devotees from all over the island especially on the feast-day in November. The chapel soon proved too small for the many devotees, so it was dismantled and built on a larger scale and blessed again on October 5, 1754. The 1739 altarpiece is attributed to Francesco Zahra and shows the Virgin Mary surrounded by angels while a person is being protected from Satan under her mantle. This church served as a vice-parish church for Ghasri Village from October 1872 till December 1921 when the parish church was opened. It has the title of Basilica and is affiliated to Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome. Another belfry identical to the one on the left, was built on the other side in 2004.
|Patronage of Our Lady church|